We are a technical design and development company with expertise in enterprise data and web solutions, electronic and print media, and project management.
We have a affinity for clients and projects in the arts and with a strong social conscience, but have worked with a wide range of enterprises, the Pulitzer Prizes to theater companies to the US Army, providing web solutions, programming, design and social media management.
Cheryl Taylor holds a BFA from Rhode Island School of Design. She has worked in web design for 15 years. In addition to illustration/graphic design work for magazines and a variety of commercial clients, she has illustrated 6 children’s books. Her work can be viewed at her personal illustration and design website, cherylmunrotaylor.com.
Alan Brooks, one of the co-founders of Chips & Ink, has worked in the database world since the 90s. As a product developer at Sirius Software and a developer and team leader Rocket Software, he has seen every type of User Language (now Soul) implementation and worked in some capacity in virtually every Model 204 shop in existence. He has taught New Media Studies at Columbia’s Graduate School of Journalism as an Adjunct Professor and regularly does conference presentations and in-house seminars on web technology, security and design.
Beyond the world of databases, and Model 204 in particular, Chips & Ink offers a wide variety of other services that include.
- Business needs analysis
- Software strategy, migration planning, security analysis
- Project management and technical specification development
- Database design, programming, testing and project change control
- Model 204 training for programmers and administrators, with a special emphasis on advanced coding techniques
- Website development, including assistance with branding, design, technology selection, CMS implementation and training. We have designed, built and maintained sites for The Pulitzer Prizes as well as online stores and presences for many arts organizations, businesses and government agencies.